Helping 2 Move – Moving Tips
Category : Latest News
Planning a house moving checklist is the first thing you should do so that you can keep track of all the tasks to ensure a well organised relocate. The home moving process actually starts a few days prior to the moving day. The following checklist from your local Man with a van London should help you sort out all the last moment tasks necessary for a lucrative relocate.
Before packing up your belongings.
1. Make certain that you defrost your fridge and freezer and drain all the water. Leave the fridge doors open for a few days prior to packing to release any moisture that may still be in the fridge.
2. You can’t pack and move carry gas cylinders, unless they have been professionally purged.
3. Make sure you have booked your London Man and Van at least a week ahead of your move as sometimes they do get booked up.
4. This one people frequently forget, make sure if you have returned all library books or DVDs from your local shop. Packing If you’ve to pack these, it may be an take up space and might expense you additional.
5. Make sure you have kept items like keys, passports, driving licenses in a safe place so that nothing is inadvertently packed.
6. Your children – With so most possessions going on during the relocation, not worrying about the kids is especially helpful. Send your kids to stay with friends or relatives although you handle the final stages of packing and relocating.
7. When you have to move computer equipment, lock down your hard disk if possible. Also indicate the packing containers carefully as “Fragile” and it won’t hop wet or thrown about.
8. Dangerous goods can’t be stored or transported. For example things like ammunition, cans of paint, gas cylinders, bleach products, linseed oil, kerosene, vegetable oils, batteries, charcoal, petrol, cleaning fluid, aerosols, matches and lighters are all disallowed items.
The night before:
9. Try to switch off all air conditioners and make use of them only if necessary during the packing. Furniture that’s kept in a constantly air conditioned room may condensate when suddenly exposed to hot air. Allowing your furniture to adapt to the hot air can be helpful in eliminating moisture problems during transit.
10. Pack you suitcases with toiletries and clothing for a couple of days and relocate them to a safe place such as the car or a neighbors home. This technique, they will not be inadvertently packed.
11. Put your personal telephone and address book with your carry on luggage if flying. This will be helpful if you wish to get in touch with people swiftly on arrival
12. Carefully dispose of all flammables, dangerous and hazardous materials – throw away or give away bottles of nail polish.
13. Keep the keys to your home and car in a safe place where you’ll find them later on.
Preparation well for your house relocation, being organised and having a moving house checklist that has all the tasks that you require to accomplish will check that not only is your move successful, but it will be as tension free and as hassle free as possible.
If you are moving house in South London or East London, this Man and Van East London removals service is reliable and they just only charge a flat rate fee from £40.